Thursday, May 31, 2012

Made it to CH

I'm here in Switzerland!  I left Tuesday evening and after a short layover in Dusselforf, Germany, I touched down in Zurich at about 15:00.  After wandering around a couple train stations, I finally made it to my hotel in Zurich. The sad thing is after one day, I am already getting tired of lugging around my bike.  I guess I will just have to learn to deal with it.

Last night I had a nice meal at an Italian restaurant near my hotel, and then went to bed around 22:30 local time.  I thought I was going to have a hard time adjusting to the 9 hour time difference, but I think I'm adjusting quite well.

This morning I woke up around 7:00, threw down a banana and some juice, and went for a touristy run through Zurich.  It was an interesting run and I felt sort of out of place as I was running amongst a bunch of people dressed in business attire commuting to work.  I was also scared I was going to get lost, but fortunately I made it back to my hotel. 

Now I am about to go catch a train to Rapperswil, the sight of the race on Sunday.  I had hoped to post some pictures, but the hotel wifi seems to not be letting me email the pictures from my phone.  I'll continue to post here during my trip as much as possible, hopefully with pictures too.

No comments:

Post a Comment