Friday, March 16, 2012

Superseal Race Preview

This weekend I will be racing at Superseal in Coronado, CA.  This will be my first Olympic distance race of the season and I have been looking forward to it because I will be racing in the Pro/Elite division. Because this race is not USAT sanctioned, I was able to enter in the Pro division despite the fact that I do not have my USAT professional license.  There will be some former teammates and other fast competitors in my wave that I'm excited to be racing side-by-side with.

The only slight disappointment going into the race is the weather forecast for this weekend.  There is a large storm that is supposed to come through the area tomorrow and the race directors have said that if there is more than 0.1 inches of rain, the swim portion will be canceled.  I believe the reason is that the rain run-off from the city makes the water too dirty to swim in.  If this happens, the swim would be replaced by a 1 mile beach run and the race would essentially turn into a duathlon (run-bike-run).  As someone who for the most part excels in the swim, the likelihood that the swim will be canceled is disappointing.  Regardless, if it happens, it happens. I'll just have to deal with it.  I've never raced a duathlon, so it might be an interesting experience. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Happy to see you blogging again so I can keep up with all your antics!

    ReplyDelete